Child care segment, minute 7
Aboriginal Infant Development
Aboriginal Infant Development Programs in British Columbia offer support to families of infants who are at risk for or...
Prenatal & Postpartum Programs & Services
Looking for pre and postnatal programs & services in South Vancouver Island? Read the report Bridging the Gap: An...
Example of a Parent Survey
An example Parent Survey document from Powell River. Click the first link to view this comprehensive parent survey...
Reading Often to your Child Benefits their Learning Success...
Early success in school is significantly increased when children have had at least a thousand books read to them by the time they are 5 years-old. Literacy development is enhanced and emotional bonds are strengthened when families read together.
- Success By 6, South Vancouver Island Community Grants are now open! Applications are due at 4pm on June 23rd. Find the Application and Funding Criteria under the PDF section or email Lisa Fenton, Regional Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Vancouver Foundation Field of Interest Grants of up to $75,000 for organizations with innovative projects in our four fields of interest: Arts and Culture; Education and Training; Environment and Animal Welfare; and Health and Social Development. For the 2017 grant cycle, each field of interest and grant type has a unique deadline. https://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/grants/field-interest-gr
- FNHA 2017 Day of Wellness Event Grant Application This year FNHA is requesting all successful applicants host their wellness activities on National Aboriginal Day, June 21st 2017 to promote BC First Nations as a whole by celebrating Wellness in a unified effort on this day. Again this year, the FNHA encourages communities to invite local health care professionals to your Day of Wellness event if you see fit. This will be a positive opportunity to shine light on the strength of your community and spend time with health care professionals in an environment of wellness, rather than in a hospital or other health care environment. It is also an opportunity to have conversations around cultural safety and humility with health providers. Application deadline: May 5, 2017
- Mary Thomas Memorial Scholarship is now open – Deadline July 31 The late Elder Mary Thomas was a pioneer in early childhood development and championed the importance of the early years in improving the lives of young children. In her honour, each year, the BC Aboriginal Child Care Society offers one $1,000 scholarship for eligible Basic Early Childhood Education (ECE) students and one $1500 scholarship for eligible Post-Basic ECE students. Find out eligibility and apply http://www.acc-society.bc.ca/files_2/ece-scholarship-application-form.php
- Child Care Major Capital Funding Program from MCFD. The fourth round of the Child Care Major Capital Funding Program opened today. This intake introduces enhancements to the program including three new funding steams and a new two-stage application and submission process. Deadline is May 5, 2017. Additional information including the application form and funding requirements will be available for download here. http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-youn...
Thank you for the generous support of our partners